Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where are our ladies?

Welcome back Shelly!

Welcome Back Shelley from someone who had almost no idea what any of this was all about. Now, let's all go fire up the lathes, make some stuff, shake some shavings out of our skivvies, take some pictures, post some comments, and get back to being a big ol happy family.

Welcome back Shellie, so when are you gonna get yourself a Lathe...

Shelley and I have been friends for a couple of years now, thru the magic of the Internet and Woodworking Forums. Although we have had our disagreements and differences, I have always respected her for the PERSON she is, and her talents as a woodworker. I am sorry this sort of thing happened to you Shelley. For those that offered the many words of support and encouragement, I say "Bravo" to you all. BTW, very well stated.......quite "Lady Like" and all!

Welcome back Shelley. As another one who didn't know what was going on I am glad to have you back and look forward to your posts. Did someone say Shelley needs to get a lathe.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Shelley: What Curt said!!

Welcome back Shelley! Glad to have another talented person to admire. Oh and yeah when are you going to get a lathe?? We "fellows" can be quite persuasive, just ask Ken
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Shelley......It's good to see you posting here again!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Weishapl
    Did someone say Shelley needs to get a lathe.
    I didn't see the "cat-fight" thread, but I suspect that's what somebody said that drove her away in the first place.

Run, Shelley, RUN!!! They're out to get you!!!

DAMHIKT
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Shelly, thanks for clearing the air for those of us that were ignorant of the offending contents of the deleted thread.

You are a Lady in my book.

Please hang around, please?
    Best Regards, Ken

11. Quote Originally Posted by Shelley Bolster
    After much consideration and a goodly amount of encouragement, I have decided to break my silence to address a couple of issues brought forth in this thread…….which by the way Stu, has over 30 replies without the aid of any of us ladies whom, as you pointed out, like to talk .
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
    Now I know that ladies like to talk (after all, I'm married to one, and when she gets together with her friends, they can TALK)

It helps if you use the entire quote....

Well, I think as guys, we like sitting around shooting the breeze jawing on whatever the subject is, now I know that ladies like to talk (after all, I'm married to one, and when she gets together with her friends, they can TALK) but I think the way they chat is not the same as the way we chat.
    You make it sound like I think us guys don't like to talk, which is wrong, we like to talk too, but often it just ain't the same as when the ladies (I guess that term has now been officially santioned for use here) like to talk.

How often have you seen two groups develop at a party, the guys outside by the BBQ the "Ladies" inside at the kitchen table.

Anyway, welcome back Shelley, I'm glad you gave an honest assesment of the events.

I sure hope other members who have not been around so much get the hint and come on back.

Cheers!

Hey Lee.............We got you! ...........we want to assimilate everyone including Shelley!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Shwoooh! (wiping sweat of brow) I'm just glad I didn't have anything to do with your hiatus
    Be Blessed

George

Shelly, welcome back and I am sorry for what happened. Please contact some of the other ladies for us and encourage them to return. I'm pretty new at this turning stuff and was learning from everyones input. Hate to see this sort of thing happen.

Well this is just one of the silliest threads I have ever waded through! I think I will go back to my shop, where I have been all along - TURNING and LEARNING! I have no clue what the "cat fight" was. I am so sick of "political correctness" that it turns my stomach. I am a Lady and I do not mind being referred to as such. No one "drove me away." I still check in here and if someone asks a question about turning that I think I might be able to help with, I reply. I simply don't have the time right now to join in some of the banter. I don't feel a compelling need to make "Bonkers" and I am not a "Geezer" or the female equivalent - at least not yet anyway. I do take my turning seriously and am busy getting ready for an event in April and am preparing pieces to try and get juried at the Artisan's Guild in May. Don't know about the other ladies, but that's my story. Case closed. Hey! Don't you people have lathes??? Why aren't you out there turning???? Now git!