Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Old Geezers and Others Goblet Contest Entries.

Very very nice Curt! I like that zebrawood!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

43 entries of pure inspirations. Thanks to all for all the great work.!!! When your kinda new to this spinny stuff it is great to be able to see what can be done (although a bit frustrating also )
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

3. Hot off the C-man lathe.........

Attachment 36587

I know I'm a bit late here, but I'm in Japan............

Don't worry, you don't have to include this entry in the voting, I just wanted to show you all that I did manage to make a captive ring!

My homemade captive ring tool sucks, I need to refine it....

The inside of the ring is a little rough, but I'm happy with it, the kids think it is cool, so there you go.

The wood is Beech, a glue up of two pieces, sanded to #240, waxed and polished, it is about 5" tall.

It was fun to turn.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan; 11-24-2006 at 4:22 AM.

Stu........you are really coming along on the lathe! Excellent goblet!

Since I'm one of the originators of this contest and I hope John jumps in too.........I think we ought to let Stu's late entry be entered because of the delay in getting his lathe and close the entries as of now.

Anybody opposed.......then we won't allow it but.......since this really is an informal thing......I'd like to let Stu's Dungeon entry be entered

Comments from other contestants?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

5. Thanks Ken, if you like, you could remove one of my earlier entries.........

Cheers!

Nonsense. As a matter of fact, since it's gonna take me til midnight tonight getting all the entries posted for voting....if anyone wants to sneak in while I'm out having dinner right now....please go right ahead.

No Stu...We'll keep 'em all.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson