Thread: To My Friends up North .....

Thumbs up To My Friends up North .....

I know you folks have had a tough time with the weather over the past couple of weeks ... but keep the faith ... Spring's coming. The Tulip trees and daffodils are blooming and it was 76* here today. First time in 3 months I didn't have to wear the sweatshirt.

Spring comes with a big price sometimes .. I just hope this front we're getting tomorrow is just wind and rain.

Yep, the dogwoods, azaleas, camillas are all blooming. But spring won't be here until you see the pecan trees starting to bloom.

Talking Heck George ....

Pecan trees don't put on leaves until July 5!!!!

Blog Entries

I believe it, but....

we've only had two days recently above freezing and we still have over a foot of white stuff on teh yard. More is forecast for thiswekend. Could you at least post a picture of the azaleas so we can see what they look like.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I have to go back to Massena NY next week. It's warming up. Its getting up to -19 for the low.

Wink How Far Up North?

All I wanna do is be able to glue things in the garage. After having to call it quits every November, I'm getting cranky - WARM UP! Did you hear that, weather? WARM UP! Howard
    Howard Rosenberg

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow

cold

I don't mind the cold. Or should I say I didn't mind the cold. Before my recent move, I had a 26X30 heated shop. Now I've got all my tools, along with unpacked boxes and yard equipment, in the third stall of an unheated garage. Hopefully, in summer '04 I will get a 30X30 built at the new house.

Man, I can't wait until it warms up.

Until then, I will learn to work in mittens.
    Torre

A lack of thoughtfulness is different than a lack of intelligence, but often has the same net result