Thread: Bamboo

Bamboo

I started a thread in another area about bamboo boards, considering it for a kitchen remodel. Then I contacted the manufacturer who says that it's laserable, available in veneer, and boards 1/4" - 3/4" Anyone lasered it yet? They are sending me a sample kit to play with, turns out they are local just a few miles from the shop.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Joe, Would you mind telling me who the distributor is? I looked at the bamboo floor material but this my be better. Cheers, Mike

Joe, you might want to PM Mike McKenzie on this subject. When I was at his shop getting a demo last year, he was engraving some bamboo cutting boards for a local restaurant.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Bamboo

Here's the online info for one store, but they do have local distributors. Look for the brand name Teragren. Prices at the bottom. Not cheap.

http://longleaflumber.com/bamboo_expanded.cfm

Thanks Lee, will do.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green