Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building Drawers with Veritas Micro Drawer Slides/Sides

Stops have now been installed

(as per posts 10 through 15 in this thread,) Steve Clardy and well as my wife Margaret reminded me that the drawers did not have stops. Since they will be used by young children, this was an oversight on my part.

I have now retro-fitted door stops and the method is documented in steps 12, 13, and 14 in post #3 in this thread.

Good solution!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy
    Good solution!
    Thanks Steve. Other things that I thought about and a couple that I tried only worked for top drawers or for bottom drawers. This solution works for all drawers (including any drawers that might be neither top nor bottom, were one to build a unit with more than two tiers of drawers).

One nice thing is that, should one wish to temporarily remove a drawer, one can remove then re-instal the stop quite quickly, using just a simple srewdriver.

Of course, someone who pulled with lots of force could probably break the wire, but I view the technique as a deterent, not as an absolute stop.

Hey, Frank! Those are really neat! And I love the didderent colors.

I have a friend named Isla! Is your grandaughter's name pronounced "I'll-ah". I always loved that name. Ilsa is the daughter of our beloved former pastor.
    Larry, AKA Uncle Fester

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Norton
    Hey, Frank! Those are really neat! And I love the didderent colors.
    Thanks Larry. The (almost) rainbow of colours is a big hit with everyone who has seen the drawers. A couple of my daughter's friends have seriously attempted to commission me to build units (including both the cabinets and the drawers) for them. I have turned them down and will almost certainly continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Norton
    I have a friend named Isla! Is your grandaughter's name pronounced "I'll-ah". I always loved that name. Ilsa is the daughter of our beloved former pastor.
    Yes, that is how it is pronounced. Of course, I love the name too. I understand from Isla's Dad that the name is Scots Gaelic.

6. Thanks for the article, big help, been looking for a solution to a project for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Thompson-MphsTN
    Thanks for the article, big help, been looking for a solution to a project for the wife.
    Glad to be of help Mark and, if you have any questions with your project, I will be gald to attempt to answer them.