Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grizzly Chuck Testimonial

Here Joe.... http://www.grizzly.com/products/G8786

That link is the 1.5"X8TPI They have different part numbers for different threads
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Thanks! How'd you find that? I searched 'wood lathe chuck' and it didn't show up.

May be ordering 1 soon.
    Joe
    ------------------------------------------------

Experience...is simply the name we give our mistakes.

Oscar Wilde
    .................................................. ..................

Quote Originally Posted by John Hart
    Wow...I like the idea that the PSI Cole Jaw will fit! I almost made an impulse buy just now. First a question though Chris....

Is it a perfect fit, or did you have to fuss a bit? In other words, should I invest in a second chuck and mount the Cole Jaws as a permanent sort of thing?
    Mine was a good fit, like they were made for each other. I am very careful about using the word "perfect" in a sentence unless describing myself.

Here Joe.... http://www.grizzly.com/products/G8786

That link is the 1.5"X8TPI They have different part numbers for different threads
    By the way John, who is in your avatar picture, Dorian Grey?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tonich
    Thanks! How'd you find that? I searched 'wood lathe chuck' and it didn't show up.

May be ordering 1 soon.
    Search on "Chuck" instead Joe. Leave out the lathe part. For some reason, it doesn't work that way.

Chris....Are you saying that my Avatar sucks?
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Search on "Chuck" instead Joe. Leave out the lathe part. For some reason, it doesn't work that way.

Chris....Are you saying that my Avatar sucks?
    John,

Now you know me, I would never be so crass, at least not in the turning forum. I was simply suggesting that your current avatar doesn't look like the John I am used to seeing... This is easy for me to say since I just replaced my old avatar (unidentifiable frog) with somthing that almost is identifiable (old fat man).

7. I am pleased to hear all these great reviews since I ordered one last monday and it's set to come in the next few days. Too bad it didn't make it before the weekend though, I already ruined a cup that I plan on making a bowl out of now (it was a BIG cup), but I need those jaws so I can grab the neck part that brok off.

Thanks John and for all the info off site as well. This is the chuck I am going to buy as well.

Corey

Oh...one more thing. Sorry to belabor this, but I thought it was important.
    Pleeeeeease don't worry about this. I'm happy with all the information I can get... even with as brilliant as I am. I talked to several Grizzly tech's about mine not holding. They finally gave me a return# to send it back. Not one mentioned what you are talking about and they had always been right on the money with everything else. It could be something the engineers threw in the design and didn't mention.

I have a couple of things that I discovered for myself that I think may be obvious to others, but now I think I'll start the thread anyway... if I can remember now what it was I discovered

Ernie

WOW! I bought that chuck a few weeks ago and tried it a couple time and put it away thinking I had made another bad choice. Now I can get it out and try again! Thanks for all the info!

Thanks for the review John. I've been wanting to get a chuck for my Jet Mini, but didn't want to spend a lot since I probably won't use it that much. It looks like this will be a good one for me, so I ordered it last night.