Hey Guys,

I have a 27 gallon belt driven Sanborn (Coleman) compressor and I have been wanting to upgrade my spraygun but they all use a little more than my 7.1 cfm @ 40 that my compressor can put out. I was at Menards where I had purchased the compressor and was thinking about upgrading to the next one. I was looking more closely and noticed that they had the same pump head. Then I looked and the only difference was that my compressor had a 3" pulley and the 60 gallon had a 4 inch pulley. Granted the tank is much bigger and the motor has more hp but that was the only difference. So I went and picked up a 4" 5/8 bore pulley and a 52" belt and made the switch. Well, I am happy to report that everything went great and now the compressor should put out 12.3 cfm @ 40. The recovery time is much improved and I am looking forward to the purchase of my new gun. I filled the tank a few times and then changed the oil out for good measure. Hopefully this will help a few people out that have the same wants as I did without spending too much cash..

Enjoy,
Jason