Thread: Help!! Printer spouting genuine gibberish!

Question Help!! Printer spouting genuine gibberish!

Since I got the new comp. tower my printer prints out some really weird stuff. Sorta hard to describe. Looks like another type of language. I downloaded the drivers that Windows XP recognizes and the test page printed out OK. Any ideas?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tonich
    Since I got the new comp. tower my printer prints out some really weird stuff. Sorta hard to describe. Looks like another type of language. I downloaded the drivers that Windows XP recognizes and the test page printed out OK. Any ideas?

Joe
    Joe, is it doing that on *any* and *everything* you print or just specific pages? In other words, is this happening on "Word" documents, simple text documents, maybe Adobe "pdf" files or possibly pages you try to print from the Web?
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Joe, is it doing that on *any* and *everything* you print or just specific pages? In other words, is this happening on "Word" documents, simple text documents, maybe Adobe "pdf" files or possibly pages you try to print from the Web?
    John,

It worked printing up something in "Microsoft Works" but if I try to copy something from the internet it's gibberish.

Thanks,

Joe

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tonich
    John,

It worked printing up something in "Microsoft Works" but if I try to copy something from the internet it's gibberish.

Thanks,

Joe
    OK, a BUNCH more questions:
    Joe, what brand and model printer do you have?
    Did you download install the drivers from the printer vendor or were they supplied by Microsoft?
    Do you have Windows ME or XP?
    Finally, are you using Microsoft's Internet Explorer for going on the Internet or Netscrape?

Reason for all the ????'s is we need to try and narrow our search down a bit. Also, feel free to email me directly, if you like.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!