Thread: Home from surgery

Thumbs up Home from surgery

I had my back surgery on Tuesday. Everything went well, and I would like to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, seeing as I am a fairly new member- you have made me feel most welcome here.

Came home Friday-a long and bumpy ride from Chicago. I'm in a lot more pain than I expected, but I think my mattress is causing a lot of the problem. If I sleep on my old air-suupported matress, I fell a lot better. Now I need to decide what to do with a six month old $1100 mattress.

I have a long way to go yet, but hopefully it will be for the better, and I can catch up on some serious shop time.

Haven't spent as much time on the web as I had hoped- don't feel up to it yet.

One good thing- for the next few weeks, I can make the women of the house leave the toilet seat up!

Bob,

Glad to hear that you are home and that your surgery went well. Take it easy, follow the doctor's orders, and keep us posted on your recovery.

Jackie

Bob, hope this finds you feeling better. It takes some time, just stay patient and keep reminding them about the toilet seat.
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.

Glad to see things went well and you're home. You've still got some work ahead of you, but it'll be worth it. Just take your time and do what the physical terrorists...er...therapists tell you to do.

I spent about 18 months sleeping on an inflatable mattress on top of a sofa bed after getting my shattered L3 rebuilt. I did eventually "graduate" back to my comfy waterbed, so don't give up on your new mattress quite yet.

- Vaughn

Did you have a back fusion?

If so, don't throw out the mattress. It takes well over 6 months for things to start feeling good again after a fusion. After that time, the bone should be healing and you will enjoy that expensive mattress again!

Glad all went well and here is to a quick recovery!

Corey

Glad to hear all went well Bob. Get well soon.
    Reporting live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

Thanks for the comments.

Vaughn- L3 is where my surgery was, too. The disc was completely worn out. They removed the disc, repaced it with a piece of plastic, and fused the vertbrae.(sp?) It was all done with a scope, through only a 1-1/2" incision.

I'm using the ar mattress on a couch in the living room. It is nicer than being in the bedroom all the time, but LOML doesn't like to sleep alone, so I hope it won't take long to be able to use the mattress.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Welcome Back Bob,
    Glad things are on the mend.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Good to hear, Bob. Take it slow and doo your rehab religiously! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

glad its over, Bob. Take it slow and easy. Lots of rest. let it heal. we will pray for you...
    Jerry