Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonkers About Bonkers Contest - Entries Here

[QUOTE=John Hart]Well Elise didn't want to do one but Rachel wanted to make a Light Saber Bonker. She expects me to make the saber part. I'll do that.....uh......some other time.

Wow, I can almost see the light thingy shooting out the end. That would be the best bonker wouldn't it... it would bonk, cut, and poke like a stick.

Ernie

finished my bonker today. Wanted to try the cirle thingy. Didn't come out quite right but good enough for a bonker
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice bonker Paul - atomic, huh?!!? Looks like it's got a rolling pin lineage - a classic bonker.

Dave Fried
    Dave Fried

Speak softly and carry a large bonker.

Quote Originally Posted by David Fried
    Nice bonker Paul - atomic, huh?!!? L...
    Yeah. "Rad"!
    Only the Blue Roads

Good News and BAAAAAD News!

Good news is that I'm BACK IN THE SHOP. Stitches out yesterday and Doc says "sure go back, but stop being STUPID!" GREAT bedside manner!

Bad news is that I had hours and hours to research "Bonkers."

I found a little known fact! China had a type of "Bonker" as far back as 3000BC. The one that interested me was a "Three Ring" version. It was used by the Ring Master when cast members got out of line. They called it a "Flea Flicker" and as you might surmise, it was miniscule. You might even saw "Itty Bitty". I decided to use my "Bonker" entry to salute these stalward and intrepid performers.

May I present the "Itty Bitty Flea Flicker" Trophy. Made from Elm (might be Chinese, but probably American). Overall length, including the base - A little under 2". Touched up the top with 240G where I parted off the top. My first effort with rings. (Blew up one of these trying to make the handle a smaller diameter so that the rings would slide easily). Start to finish - without finishing - twelve minutes.

Thanks for lookin'. Goin' back down and work on another spindle for the cradle.

Bruce

Welcome Back Bruce! Figgers that someone would do an Entomological Bonker.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

7. Quote Originally Posted by John Hart
    Welcome Back Bruce! Figgers that someone would do an Entomological Bonker.
    Say what? I am not familiar with that etymological term....
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

And I'm not familiar with the epidemiology of either
    Only the Blue Roads

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stafford
    Say what? I am not familiar with that etymological term....
    Judging by the picture, it's intended for beating feral dimes into submission.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

BONKERS?? (pic)

Dennis,
    Does the attached qualify as a "bonker"? It is only made out of northern Wisconsin, winter-hardened Balsa so I really don't know!

I know that I promised Tyler that I would behave myself but that pesky mosquito drove me into an uncontrollable RAGE!! If he/she had been a bit slower, it would have been in DEEP trouble!

My problem now is: How do I get the head out of the table without breaking the handle?

Whatever, I'm sure that I am doing better than Andy - unless he is using his "second" face as a "bonker"!

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Well, it ain't no Entomological Bonker! At least I don't think it is, is it? Tried out the new Oliver for the first time and a bonker was just the ticket, seeings as I'm still waiting for the Pony Express to deliver my Talon insert. Made out of a gnarly old piece of maple firewood. Too small for a salmon bonker, too big for any of the elusive Utah native cutthroat unless you were trying to bonk them and make patties all in one swipe.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
    Judging by the picture, it's intended for beating feral dimes into submission.

Now that is funny. Lee you are gonna fit in real well with the rest of the turners.....
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

All we do is unleash the "ATTITUDE" that is restrained by F........L........A.....T
    work.

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Shiverdecker
    All we do is unleash the "ATTITUDE" that is restrained by F........L........A.....T work.
    I've been told that my 'tude knows no restraint...and that was before I bought the lathe.

Be afraid...be very afraid.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Bug Bonker ?

Dale, looks like you got that sucker good !!