Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Bonkers About Bonkers Contest - Entries Here

Yeah RIGHT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt
    Okay guys, you can all go home and cry in your shavings now. I herewith formally submit for your bloodshot eyes and CA fumed noses my entry in this here contest.

Introducing ------------ Drum roll please -----------------

The one and (thank god) only Maine Made Multitasking Ice Cream Bonker.

Attachment 34320

At 16.38 light years long and weighing in at 7 troy ounces this puppy can do it all. Picture yourself on a hot and humid August night gathered with the family around a 5 gallon bucket of freshly churned Maine Cherry Fudge Ripple; everyone else wants a serving, and the feeding frenzy commences.

Well, you can not only beat them back with this thing; but also scoop up a decent sized serving in one fluid motion. And once they're back down on the floor slurping away you can now use it to feed yourself right from the bucket. Economical too as it saves all that wear and tear on the tupperware and plastic spoons fro frequent washings.

100% turned on Janine. A side order of carving, and sanded to a highly refined 32 grit. I also used every gouge, skew, chisel, scraper, and all other sharp stuff in the arsenal to produce this. Had it between centers twice, and outboard on the vac once. Total elapsed time was 37 minutes - and boy does it show! Wood is a piece from the pith removal process of all that hickory I have. Been lying on the ground outside since early December and dry as a bone - a wet spongy sopping wet bone.
    Hey Falls,
    You are WAY behind the times! With modern technology, a
    Bonker" that is ONLY 16.38 Light Years long is NOT a REAL challenge! That breaks down to a mere 507,302,930,500,000,000 feet. When are you going to "upgrade" from a mini-lathe? Anyway, the fact that you did this with only 7 Troy ounces of even "fairy dust" must cast aspersions on your credibility! You must have turned your "Bonker" from the smoke drifting eastward from my enormous "scrap" pile fires!

Now, the time frame of 37 minutes (even a Moderator should be able to figure THIS one out) sounds a bit short! With two faces, you probably spent more time than that just to find your lathe. THEN! Considering all of the chisels that you used, the four eyes searching in different directions, and the chucking changes involved, the 37 number quickly expands into hours, years, decades and, perhaps, even eons!

Andy, I would NEVER want to embarrass a friend so I will not even bring up the time spent filling BOTH of your pie-holes with ice cream (from Wisconsin, I assume!). GOOD LUCK IN THE CONTEST!!

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

OK.....I located a very old digital camera that I could at least get a pic of Joseph's file "bonker". Here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

That's cool, Dennis. Tell Joseph that it's reminisent of Rude Osolnik's work.
    Only the Blue Roads

Way cool Joseph....It has been transferred to the Voting Thread.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson