Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carvewright machine

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Volden
    As promised I will attempt to attach pics of 3 pieces CarveWright carved. They are in black-n-white in an attempt to capture some depth. They are all of the same design only differing in materials. One is cherry, one is a swirly grained oak (doesn't machine well) and the other is a piece of "marble" solid surface. I had to physically see and hold the materials before I ordered the machine. My thoughts~~~~???? I liked the results and will be $2K+ lighter this week!!!!!!! Bruce

I was out to Bruce's yesterday dropping of some items to be engraved and he showed me the samples. I have to say I was impressed with the results. Glad he is going to pony up the 2 grand so I can have him do carving for me as well as laser engraving.
    If fishing is a sport I MUST be an athlete!"

Hello. I am Wilbur Ginn from Greenwood SC.
    I am new to this board. I just ordered my CarveWright from Lowes with a 20% discount. 10% from CarveWright and another 10% from Lowes.
    The Lowes store I ordered from new nothing about the CarveWright system but found that they did carry it. "surprise".
    So I am waiting on it to come in. I have been out of wood working for about 15 yr. Made candle for these yr. Retired from power company and though I would get back into wood working. I am making cedar chest and swings.
    I am looking for good things from my new CarveWright but with my luck everything is up in the air, Will just have to wait and see but in any case I have my feet wet now.

Wilbur Ginn

Wilbur
    I'm not sure if posting a link will violate forum rules or not so I won't but if you go to the carvewright dot com site you will see a link at the top of the page "SUPPORT". Click on the and there is a drop down menu where you will see "Tips and Tricks. There are several of them but they can keep you from a lot of the basic operator errors that most people (including me) have made. They also cover several things that make using the machine a whole lot more pleasant and really knocks down the learning curve.

Wilbur,

I have 3 of them and have good luck with them. I post over on the Carvewright forum as digitalwoodshop if you need any help.

Good Luck,

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

New here

Hello . I am Wilbur Ginn from Greenwood SC. Waiting on my CW from Lowes to get here. They had it for 1798.00 with a 10% from CW plus 10% from Lowes that was 20% off.
    I have been out of wood working for 15 yr and spent that time making candles but now I have my shop back. I am retired from power Comp and now getting back into making cedar chest, swings and flag display holders.
    Made enough last summer to pay for new plainer, Band saw and jointer but back in the hole with the CW coming.
    I am one of those who has a lot of good luck to go wrong so Hoping things will be good with the CW.
    With everything I have read I'm not so sure it will be what I hoped for. Oh well that's life maybe it will be better than I think.
    Talk with you later

Wilbur

Sent PM with my contact info if you run into trouble.

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

wilbur, my friend and i have two of them in columbia, i am on main st if you need any help i still operate mine from time to time!!

jim mcgrew

I got my CW in Friday and every things works fine. Have made a couple carvings using the 1/16" carving bit. I have used a peace of popler wood and a peace of ply wood. Both did ok.
    I am having a problem on clearty. It is not the CW but I think the picture I used was to small.
    I am not to clear on sizing the work.

Wilbur Ginn
    Greenwood SC

Yes, the quality of the picture or artwork can make a difference.

To check quality draw a small circle or square and select carve region and let it carve the region and see if the bottom is flat and smooth.

AL

Here is an interesting post from a CarveWright User.... COLOR LITHO....

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=10342

Making a Color Transparency and lighting it from the back to add color to the LITHO.

Not my idea but worth posting.

AL