Thread: Vega Ts Fence

Vega Ts Fence

I just took the plunge on the Vega U26 fence for my Craftsman TS. I haven't been happy with performance of Align-A-Rip fence that came with the Craftsman. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get the run-out within an acceptable range.

Amazon is currently offering the Vega for $229.99 w/free shipping and $50 off for any orders over $250, so I got the Utility Finger Saver ($44.94) too. Total came out to $224.93. Not too bad me thinks. Align-A-Rips generally sell for about $150 on ebay, so I'm hoping I can recoup a little more by selling it.

My research has shown that most users are very happy with their Vega fences. Does anyone here have the Vega and what are your thoughts?

Thanks.

Keith

I have the U26 on my Jet contractors saw. It is a nice fence. My biggest regret is that I didn't get the 40" model instead.

I have the finger saver also, but I don't like it as much as the saw.

You'll love it. I put the 52" on my early '90s era Craftsman. Huge difference (for the good). Enjoy. DB
    It's called golf because all the other 4-letter words were taken

Iv'e used a friend's Vega, and have had one in my shop for a few weeks. I liked the fence alot, and find that the micro adjustment actually works well...
    Last edited by scott spencer; 03-06-2006 at 4:21 PM.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I have the 50" model on my ancient Craftsman (circa 1972). Love it. I'm not sure what the fingersaver is. Is It the device that runs along yjr fence and pushes the piece thru on th rip cut? If so, I use it a lot. Makes me feel safer, but the work does tend to drift away from the fence somewhat. A featherboard takes care of that. Definitely a saftey plus whaen used right IMHO
    18th century nut --- Carl

I've had one for ages

I have the 50" model on my ancient Craftsman (circa 1972). Love it. I'm not sure what the fingersaver is. Is It the device that runs along yjr fence and pushes the piece thru on th rip cut? If so, I use it a lot. Makes me feel safer, but the work does tend to drift away from the fence somewhat. A featherboard takes care of that. Definitely a saftey plus whaen used right IMHO
    18th century nut --- Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Eyman
    I'm not sure what the fingersaver is. Is It the device that runs along yjr fence and pushes the piece thru on th rip cut? If so, I use it a lot. Makes me feel safer, but the work does tend to drift away from the fence somewhat. A featherboard takes care of that. Definitely a saftey plus whaen used right IMHO
    Yeah, that's the finger saver, and the drift is exactly why I stopped using it. All I kept thinking was "Here comes a kickback."

But the fence is easy to setup and use.

Had one on my Craftsman for about 5 yrs now and could not be happier!!!

Have never had to realign it. locks down square every time. Between the fence and the Incra miter it was like getting a new tablesaw in my case!!!

You are going to love it because you will have a whole new saw once it is installed. I am still kicking myself for not keeping my Vega to put on the Grizzly 1023SL, it is a much better fence system.

The finger saver works great also.

Great choice.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

keith, i had a "pro" model vega fence several years ago and it was the biggest p.o.s. i ever wasted money on! in the course of less than a year it cost me several hundred dollars in wasted sheetgoods due to slipping on the rail, no amount of "brass wear strips" cured this problem and vega was not the least bit helpful. i bought a bies. and never looked back....02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.