Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are we having an event?

Hey! There's a brand new D8 Cat down the street for sale. Should work great, but I don't think UPS is gonna be able to handle the shipping.
    Only the Blue Roads

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans
    i`ve kicked the ol` boxspring up in the tree we use for an antenna every way possible and still can`t get smc to come in without static??????

Them thar box springs don't receive very good when the rain gets them wet tod

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy

Them thar box springs don't receive very good when the rain gets them wet tod
    no rain but the darn coons have been up to no good out there..02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Yer killing me tod!!

soooooo aaron, didja shoot the coons or what? seems to be working again.
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

THAT'S WHAT IT IS!!!!! The 'coons are hijacking the bandwidth for gaming. They must have the new forest sim, "'Coons rule the underbrush". I hear it's all the rage with the critters in your parts.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Tod, you might try some aluminum foil on the box springs, works for me.
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.

This morning Jackie found a thread at WoodNet that was linked to one of the pictures in our Turning Forum. Every time anyone at WoodNet viewed this particular thread SMC bandwidth was used. This has added a huge number of Guests and is draining our resources.

This is one of the reasons why we are so strict about linking to pictures we host and external links in general. I expect as we continue to look even further we will find many more cases of external links to pictures we are hosting. I will ask Aaron to immediately disable picture viewing by Guests. When this happens only SMC Members will be able to view pics, I hate to do this but it is impossible for us to host attachments for the global Internet.

so it`s okay to send jeb and his mess of blue-ticks home?????

Tod,

Let the blue-ticks rest, here is an update.

Aaron prefered to attack this problem another way. He has configured our server to send the SawMill Creek logo to any site that links to any attachment here at SMC. Of course he has added a little jab, see the picture below. We are still seeing lots of traffic so there may be lots of MyBad graphics showing up all over the web right now...or we could still have a problem at the Creek. Aaron thinks our network card may be responsible for some of the issues. We shall see.
    Attached Images Attached Images

man! i send ol` jeb-n-the hounds home and now they`re at it again , or is this happinin` in suburbia too?

man! i send ol` jeb-n-the hounds home and now they`re at it again , or is this happinin` in suburbia too?
    Same here. Having trouble all over the net.

everything else here is fine? just smc........guess keith needs to get the shotgun oiled up?

Not sure 'bout stuff down in the big city (Benton - pop. 89), but here in the suburb of Benton Falls (pop. 19) it's just peachy.
    Only the Blue Roads

Yep, SMC had an attack again out here. Everythng else was fine.

Ernie