Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are we having an event?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Burns
    Man this was a terrible day, no SMC until now

I hear you Keith... I had to go to caffeinated coffee to make it through.

Ernie

Yea. Just got on. Been trying since 7:30 am.
    Need my fix.

I don't know what's worse......quiting smoking or going half a day without SMC!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Whew, at least it wasn't just me! I was starting to get worried.

Well I wasn't shaking... not much anyway.
    Frank

I don't know what happend today, I came home from work and the SMC server was totally locked up. I was unable to log-in directly and the mail service was also down. I had to do a hard boot to bring the server back online.

Aaron...we obviously have a problem that needs attention. Hardware or software?

I will be out this evening probably untill 9pm EST so if the server goes down it will be after 9 until I will be back in my shop office. Possibly Aaron wil have the problem diagnosed by then.

Well, I know that there are problems with servers sometimes BUT......I paid $6 for the site for this year and I figure that SMC owes me 1.8 cents for the down time. I will expect a Paypal notice telling me that the refund is on the way. I was hoping that Keith and Jackie didn't take all our donations and head to Tahiti to live out their days on our money.

Okay, Okay....Just teeasing. Thanks for getting us back up Keith. I was hoping that we would be back connected again soon and that there wasn't too bad of a bug in the works. Looks like Aaron has some plumbing to do here at the Creek. Thanks to you too Aaron.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios
    Well, I know that there are problems with servers sometimes BUT......I paid $6 for the site for this year and I figure that SMC owes me 1.8 cents for the down time. I will expect a Paypal notice telling me that the refund is on the way. I was hoping that Keith and Jackie didn't take all our donations and head to Tahiti to live out their days on our money.

Okay, Okay....Just teeasing. Thanks for getting us back up Keith. I was hoping that we would be back connected again soon and that there wasn't too bad of a bug in the works. Looks like Aaron has some plumbing to do here at the Creek. Thanks to you too Aaron.

I like it

Ebay has had problems yesterday and this morning. Tried loading pictures off and on for hours. Finally got them loaded a while ago.

9. Boy what a relief!

It was slow as could be over the weekend, and down last night, nice to see it back!

Cheers!

Hopefully nothing serious.. I am currently looking into the problem.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl
    Hopefully nothing serious.. I am currently looking into the problem.
    Aaron,

You just need a "serious" Unix box to drop SMC on is all!!! Maybe something like an ES40 Alpha box with 8GB of memory, four 1.1GHz processors, and a light load of disk space, like around 1.2TB or so.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Excruciatingly slow this morning at 4:30. I usually fly through the pages at this time of day. It's taking on average nearly a minute to bring a page up. Must be something going on somewhere to be causing all this slowdown.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Karl,

It has to be a problem with our server. SMC is very slow this morning even in my shop office which is on the local LAN with the server, that eliminates most of the wide area network issues. Inbound traffic seems to be very light based on the router activity this morning and yet SMC is very slow.

i`ve kicked the ol` boxspring up in the tree we use for an antenna every way possible and still can`t get smc to come in without static??????
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    Aaron,

You just need a "serious" Unix box to drop SMC on is all!!! Maybe something like an ES40 Alpha box with 8GB of memory, four 1.1GHz processors, and a light load of disk space, like around 1.2TB or so.
    Hmmmm...I forget if I sold it at a rummage sale or not but, I'll dig around and see if I can't find my very formidable TI99-4A, which I'd be happy to send over to you guys.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!