Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now this is REALLY WEIRD!

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains

Now this is REALLY WEIRD!

This just started up tonight.
    I’m getting this SMC logo pic in every post that has pics attached. If the post has three pictures attached, I get three SMC logo pictures instead.

Am I going wacko?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 03-07-2006 at 9:08 PM.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Bruce,

Maybe they don't want post with link pictures? I attached a picture and didn't get that message. I was uploaded from my harddrive so it's on the SMC server forever (or until they delete it which ever comes first).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Peter, I'm seeing the SMC logo in your post. I just rebooted my pc but it didn't help.

This is really strange.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Same thing happens to me.

Looks ok from here: I dunno what that thing in Peter's post is, but it sure ain't the SMC logo.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Mine is working fine. Are the one having trouble using foxfire (?) or some sort of firewall blocker?

I'm also including a picture for test purposes!

006b.jpg

Regards, Joe
    Two weeks, your project will be done in two weeks!!! (From the Money Pit)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page
    Peter, I'm seeing the SMC logo in your post. I just rebooted my pc but it didn't help.

This is really strange.
    Bruce,

Delete your SMC cookie then log into SMC and see if it's still there. Not sure why some see it and others don't. Also what kind of Computer are you using? I'm using a PC and also use Firefox 1.0.6
    Last edited by Peter Stahl; 03-07-2006 at 10:21 PM.

I'm getting the same thing as Bruce and Mark. Deleting cookies did not work.

Deleating the cookies didn't work for me either. I'm running typical PC with Win 2000 Pro, and IE browser
    I'm seeing the SMC logo in both Joseph & Peters post.

Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page
    Deleating the cookies didn't work for me either. I'm running typical PC with Win 2000 Pro, and IE browser
    I'm seeing the SMC logo in both Joseph & Peters post.
    I just logged in using IE and I have a PC with Win 2000 Pro so I'm lost as to why you're seeing that logo. Computer are really weird some times.
    Last edited by Peter Stahl; 03-07-2006 at 10:21 PM.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    What did you do wrong
    That is weird
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Don't know what the problem is but I bet it has something to do with the recent slow downs. Over in the support forum Keith was saying that he thought some of the problems were with posting links in other forums of pictures hosted here which was causing a drain in bandwidth. You might want to PM him and see what he has to say.

Heres the link to the thread mentioned: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...t=32321&page=3
    Last edited by David Duke; 03-07-2006 at 10:30 PM.
    David

If you look at the SMC thing, you will see "Image linked without permission" on the last line. Go down to the end of the page and you will see 8 lines, the 1st 4 should say "You May ..." and the last 4 "... is ON". The 2nd line from the bottom should say "[IMG] code is on".

Like I really know what I'm talking about!!! But you can check it out just for kicks.

Regards, Joe

(And no picture this time)
    Two weeks, your project will be done in two weeks!!! (From the Money Pit)

Quote Originally Posted by David Duke
    Don't know what the problem is but I bet it has something to do with the recent slow downs. Over in the support forum Keith was saying that he thought some of the problems were with posting links in other forums of pictures hosted here which was causing a drain in bandwidth. You might want to PM him and see what he has to say.

Heres the link to the thread mentioned: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...t=32321&page=3
    David, I think Keith's post is somehow related to what I'm experiencing. I have never linked to an SMC post, in fact I rarely even visit other WW forums.
    I opened several different posts with attachments, most showed me the logo but a few had real pictures.

Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph N. Myers
    If you look at the SMC thing, you will see "Image linked without permission" on the last line. Go down to the end of the page and you will see 8 lines, the 1st 4 should say "You May ..." and the last 4 "... is ON". The 2nd line from the bottom should say "[IMG] code is on".

Like I really know what I'm talking about!!! But you can check it out just for kicks.

Regards, Joe

(And no picture this time)
    Joe, I'm still showing may,may,may,may/ on,on,on,on.

I have to think this is somehow related to the resent glitches here at SMC.

Andy Rooney