Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turner Interview: Glenn Hodges

Glenn,

From one southern Georgia boy to another..... Great interview and wonderful to get to know more about you. If you ever get up toward the NW end of Atlanta, give me an advanced shout, I'd love to spend some time with ya.

Thanks for sharing Glenn. I think I'll steal your "Bowl" trick the next time someone gets "PESKY".

Bruce

Glenn: I really enjoyed your interview. I always sensed that you were a special person and appreciate your heartfelt feedback given to all at SMC. Your natural edge bowls are awesome. Thanks for all the teaching you've given me. Ed

Thanks for sharing all this with us. I found a lot of kindred feelings in your interview. Woodworking in general and turning in particular has gotten me thru the past 10 years since I left work..SMC has became my sanctum for the times when my back won't let me get to shop. My pest control is a sign that reads " Please don't bother ME with what YOU think is important." Some say rude but it is effective.. Thanks again for sharing...BTW I didn't know North Fl woodworkers took members that wern't in the Tallahassee area.

Glenn,

I enjoyed your interview. I'm sorry of your accident that changed your life for what may seem like forever. It's a pleasure to know you better and all that you share with us here on SMC.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Glenn it is a pleasure to know you better. Sorry to hear about the accident but it looks like it led you down another path. A path that has been wonderful to you.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

What a pleasure to know you a little better Glenn. I too appreciate the sincere feedback you give everyone and always look forward to seeing your work.

A Lesson!

Glenn,
    Thank you for your sincere talk and the rest of the interview. I LOVE your "bowl" response to the "intruders". Our relationship with GOD is a PERSONAL thing. If that includes a church affiliation, so much the better.

By the way, from what I have seen of your work, you are truly BLESSED - regardless of any FORMAL religious beliefs!

Thank you again for your candid interview.

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Glenn, it's really nice to get to know you better. You have been a real inspiration to me, and now with your interview, even more so. When I first saw one of your NE bowls, I headed that direction so that I have completed a few and have four in the process. And of course I can't get one particular NE walnut vase out of my head.

The next time you head to Texas for some mesquite, it'd be an honor to meet you.

Ernie

Great interview Glenn and very inspirational. Nice to know you.

Glenn, having read your interview, I'd just like to say, "glad to know ya a lot better". Very nice interview, thanks.

Jim
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Nice interview Glenn!
    Glad you found your sanity in woodturning, there is no other way to relax me and take my mind off things.
    Have Chainsaw- Will Travel

13. Hi this Barten.
    All of the sugessions and the information are so nice. And is very usefull for the member of this site. So i am very thankfull to you

Thankyou

Hello Glenn. Nice to hear about you seems you are a great person with extrovert nature letting us know much about your passion.

Nice to get to know you Glenn.

I had a couple of church ladies come to my house one day, I was wearing a T-shirt with a lewd message. They tried to ignore it but watching their eyes I could see that they couldn't stop looking at it. They didn't stay long, and didn't come back.

Be Well
    Jay