Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neander Interview: Bob Smalser

Thumbs up

Zihid thank you for starting this interview thing, and making it happen. Your first woodworker is a winner all the way around. I try to read everything the man writes. Thank you both.

Thumbs up Great idea, how about a separate category

Zahid

This is a wonderful idea, kudos to you for starting it and for two (I think?) great interviews!

I think all of us can learn a lot from them and that they warrant their own category -- what do you think creekers and creekers/moderators?

Jay

Great interview, Im not a neander fan, but Bob has always been a person who's posts I have always read carefully. He is one of the people on this forum that I feel really knows his stuff, and I love to read anything he writes because I always learn something.

Bob, I noticed in your website that you also do leather working. I am a fellow leather worker, as well, but I have put it aside for the last couple years. One day when I have time I would love to go back to it as I plan on incorporating leather into just about all of my original projects.

Anyway, one day I hope to build a fishing boat for my son and I and I will no doubt be asking you for help. Since day one of my time here in the creek you have always been one of my biggest inspirations and it was actually from reading your posts that I decided that I wanted to build a boat in the first place.

Zahid, great interviews, both Alan and Bob. Now how about doing yourself. It should be easy to schedule the interview and we'd all like to learn more about you, also.

Mike

Guys, the true credit for the interviews goes to Mark Cothren who started these on the turners forum. I just stole his idea. I thought it was a wonderful concept, hence here we are.

This is such a great idea.

Bob---Nice to get to know you a little better, and thanks for all the help you've offered on this forum (and others).

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Zahid Naqvi

16. Do you believe there is any spiritual dimension to woodworking with hand tools
    I believe in the spiritual dimension of a life well found in family, well found in hard work, and well found in passing on values and skills.
    This is the essence of my woodworking, although I'm woefully inept in the mentioned dimensions. Thanks Bob for your inspiration. And thanks to Zahid and Mark for the inciteful interviews. I know a lot of folks are fans of the shop tours - me too - but the personal interviews are the best.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Thanks for these great interviews. Bob is a man I greatly respect. Interesting to hear his thoughts. Thanks.
    Jerry

Bob~

The breadth of your knowledge and your willingness to share said knowledge and now even a little of yourself is remarkable. Thank you!

In peace, Todd

Great interview, Bob.

What you're leaving for your children, on the web site, is priceless.

Bruce