Thread: Some people will buy almost anything.........PIC..

Newmarket Ont. Canada, 30miles north of Toronto

Some people will buy almost anything.........PIC..

Hi All,

It never ceases to amaze me what some people will buy, case in point, this cabinet. I've made a number of these cabinets with a Victorian tin panel door insert. The cracked painted case is pine with a pair of adjustable shelves inside. I still shake my head and wonder about people's taste in furniture but a paying job is a paying job. What about the rest of you guys, ever make something that you just can't believe people pay money for.

All the best
    Gord
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A woodworker’s character is what he really is,
    His reputation is merely what others perceive him as……………………Gord Graff

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Graff
    It never ceases to amaze me what some people will buy...
    George Carlin once said, "If you nail two things together that have never been nailed together before, some schmuck will buy it from you!"

As an accountant, I'm a firm believer in the old addage, "There's no accounting for taste." Some folks really like the faux-antique stuff, and are willing to pay good money for it. Sounds like you may have found a good market niche!
    Sam/Atlanta

Nice work, and being pine - is much more solid then the average discount store stuff.

Ain't it great !! People want all sorts of odd things, and will pay for it. I once made a painted wooden bench with a drawer for a homeowner to throw shoes into. Another time, a wooden speaker enclosure to sit on the transmission hump in a car to which speakers were mounted. These projects seem to go soooo much easier then most.

My dad loved to garden, and when he remodeled his house, he had a tiled mud entrance off the garden side of the house added. I made him a little bench for the entranceway he could sit on to change shoes. It had a rack underneath for the garden shoes and a drawer under the seat where he could keep gloves and small tools. Darned if several of his friends didn't end up wanting one too.

Hmmn, I have a small wall in the basement covered with that tin ....

- Ed