Thread: Bio and a question

Bio and a question

Hi everyone. My name is William Skadden. I live in Alma AR with my wife and my two year old son. I was a frequent lurker on the pond before it closed and have visited this site 3 to 4 times a week since it opened. I recently purchased a Grizzly 1.5 hp shaper and had planned to get the router collet accessory to go with it. When I tried to get it they told me that it was back ordred until December. I was wondering if anyone knows if the router collet for the Bridgewood BW-110 shaper would fit. Both shapers appear to be identical. Thanks in advance.

I can't help you with the collet question, although many of these machines are similar.

But I will suggest that you consider using the router collet you end up with only with the larger router cutters that work well as slower speeds. Small bits are not going to be happy running as slow as a shaper turns. Jesada has a speed chart on their site that might be helpful to you in deciding between using the shaper or a router in a table for a particular operation and cutter.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

William,

No help on the shaper question, but I would like to say Welcome!!! Great to have another Arkie on the board. There are several of us here.

If you haven't heard, we are having the 2nd Annual Central States WWing BBq at our home/shop in Springdale on Sept. 5,6 and 7. Hope you will come up and join us. Heck, close as you are you can just come up anytime.

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Welcome

Can't help you with the shaper, but "Welcome to the Creek". Good to see you posting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

More no help!

Hey William,

I can't help with the shaper collet either, but want to extend a welcome. Hope to see you at the BBQ at Terry's. If you are coming over Tulsa way, give me a holler.

Bob

Thanks for the welcome, invitation to visit and the advice. If anyone is in the Alma AR area they are welcome to stop by and visit.

WELCOME!!!!!!

I don't live in Arkansas anymore but was married in you fair town back in 1963---I think--can't even ask the wife if I am right or wrong about that!!!!! HI HI HI she might have my licence revolked!!!!!!!!!!! Hey--I have never looked, it might have expired!!!!! Probibly not!!!

Anyway the wife and I have kin in Ft Smith and I did go visit with Terry Hatfield and David Rose up in that area last year. So when I am in town, I will give you a shout. It mostlikely be around Christmas time. Will let you know ahead of time though.

KEN
    RUSTYNAIL