Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creekers Get Together

Creekers Get Together

A small group of SMC members and myself went to the Collinsville, Il. WW show today. We met at the Cracker Barrel for a morning breakfast and get together/gab fest. A better bunch of people you couldn't have been around.
    The first pic is of Mark Stutz. To his left is a friend of Steve Clardy's named John Shedd. To his left is Lyle DeWalt (he could't get us a discount). In the next pic is a friend of mine John Lucas to his left is Steve Clardy. Last but not least is Tom Sontag. He's our local rough sawn lumber supplier. He was at the show selling wood turning blanks and making sure we all had his newest price list

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Looks like a fun time had by all!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have to appologize to Tom Sontag. Sorry Tom. In his pic I cut off the top of his display ad showing the company name. In the first pic I took it is there but the picture was a little blurry as I was nervous photographing such a celebrity

I've had a couple Creeker visits Myself there great. I really like meeting the people that we on have this forum. looked like a good time. Thanks for sharing.

Indeed, a good time was had by all! Jim, I didn't think about it until after you left...but there is no picture of you! The show was pretty good. There were not quite as many vendors there as last year. They are adding on to the Convention Center, so maybe next year one can actually walk thru the place!

Looks like it was a great time! Thanks for posting!

corey

always nice when the guys get together
    lou

I'm one of those secretive kind of guys Here's one of me and my granddaughter. She's the smaller of the two of us, but just barely
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunn
    I have to appologize to Tom Sontag. Sorry Tom. In his pic I cut off the top of his display ad showing the company name. In the first pic I took it is there but the picture was a little blurry as I was nervous photographing such a celebrity
    Well I have been called many things, but never a celebrity. What a laugh. And as I explained to Jim, my Creeker credentials may be fading since my company's firewall shut out SMC.

As for the show, I liked seeing LV for the first time. And the nearly all-wood lathe was nice and picture worthy (I'll see if I can get one Sunday). And at one new wood vendor's booth, they were handing out flyers for a trebuchet contest. But did you hear about that from Jim?? NOOOOooo. That's cuz since he got all these cool lathe tools, he don't want to hurl with us.

Tom, I forgot about the trebuchet I really did. When Tom first told me about the "hurling constest" I thought he meant those fellows who wear skirts and throw those logs in the air. (I ain't wearing no skirt in public) I've got the flyer, not the free wood though, I'll pass it around and see what happens.
    A contest like that is something I may get some help from my son on.

Dang, I missed it. Thats what I get for going with a neighbor, rather than going to meet Creekers. Next year, the heck with him.

I did see Tom tho and he informed me he has the distance part of the trebuchet contest locked. I may have to start giving this some thought.

But even if I don't build one, that would be a good contest to watch.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Sorry Gary. We aint lettin' no watchers in. Ya gotta have a siege weapon for admittance. 'Course, if ya got satellite access you ought to be able to see my hurl.

Clardy is sure well travelled, he was just here in KC doing the same thing.
    If at 1st you don't succeed, go back to the lumberyard and get some more wood.

Was a good time

Enjoyed meeting up with all you guys. Had a pretty good time.
    Guess this is my first post here. Was hard registering as it either didn't like my name or I can't figure out my alphabet.

Sorry, I couldn't get the discount but at least you got to see me.
    Nice jawing and the coffee was plentiful, both during........and after.

Gonna have to do this again sometime.
    Last edited by Lyle DeWalt; 02-14-2006 at 5:04 PM.

Lyle welcome to the creek. I was pleased to make your aquaintance. Looking forward to seeing you again in the not so distant future.

Jim Dunn