Thread: HELP with PERFORMAX 16-32

HELP with PERFORMAX 16-32

A while back, I asked for some help repairing my Pmax 16-32. I got a great response from some one on some forum !

If you are reading this, Please help me again !! I have a worse problem

Thanks
    MARK

There are probably a number of us on this forum with a 16-32. If we knew what the problem was, we might be able to help.

The thread in the MOTOR MOUNT SLIDE (part # 30-3018 drawing number 37) has stripped !

I don't know what to do other than change the part (which I have) or the procedure to change the part. It seems complicated and difficult

thanks
    MARK

Is it the threads the make the slide move up and down?

Mark,

I'm assuming that you have already talked to Performax (now Jet) and that is how you got your part. I'm not too good at this mechanical stuff and sometimes just ask a neighbor who owns a car repair shop for help. Maybe you might want to try the same.

In any case, I have an older unit, mine shows Ref Number 61, Side, Motor Mount, 30-3020.

I had problems with my motor mount last year but not with it striping, rather the bolts that connected it with the drum were loose and hence, had a lot of trouble getting drum parallel with the base. Once tighten, worked much better.

Way back when, I was a beta site for them and went through a couple of Drum Shaft Coupling and ended up replacing the motor. Both are around the motor mount but don't remember any real problems. But I try to forget things like that.

Last month I had to put on a new feed belt and replace one of the feed belt bushing (Performance had sent me a half a dozen years ago). Boy, that part was not designed for maintenances and I spent half a weekend on those "simple" tasks.

Point being is based on my experience, you probably would be able to change the motor mount but it probably will not be easy or logical.

Regards, Joe
    Two weeks, your project will be done in two weeks!!! (From the Money Pit)