Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Valley Seconds Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Weber View Post
    Just wondered why others thought there was something to it
    In all honesty, when I think of LV planes, I think BU. Just seems to have been their metier over the years.

Similarly, with LN, I think of BD

Just me, prolly, with no foundation in thought, fact, nor steel alloys [migrating an argument from another thread ]

Having confessed that, I've sold of most of my LN planes and all that remain are BU - 62 LA jack, and 140 & 60-1/2R blocks. Shows I have no clue about my own cluelessness, apparently.

One saving grace - I did get a BU K3 beautifully restored by James Spangler because Keen Kutter.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Just me, prolly, with no foundation in thought, fact, nor steel alloys [migrating an argument from another thread ]

There's still the potential for someone to ask whether plane bodies should be CI, bronze, ductile iron, or stainless steel. That will bring out the wood forever contingent and their Asian aficionado fellow-travelers.
    Is someone yet printing carbon fiber iterations?

Gosh, this sure beats going back to sanding mouldings in place on such a hot sticky day!

smt

I picked up a bevel-up jack rabbet plane - I've been jonesing for one of these for years. I'm a big fan of the bevel-up planes, only have one of the Veritas bevel-down (5 1/4).

Only flaws I can see are a few small nicks in the upper (black) part of the casting sides.