Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Acquiring a used Martin T 60 Classic

Blog Entries
    How do you find them?

Blog Entries
    I didn't read the responses so far, but feel free to screw 2x4's etc into the rental truck bed (assuming they are wood). I've had to do that a few times and never got any flak for it by the rental company.

I'm with Brian though.. flat beds are the way. Getting something out of a box truck sounds terrible. You can be as creative as you need to be with a flatbed when unloading, but a box truck is forklift only. Maybe that's not a problem for you. I have a gravel lot and my local rentals no longer rent the big telescoping forks... so I wouldn't be able to get a 2500# thing out of a box truck very easily since my 1/2 ton truck can't haul a big forklift rental from further away.
    Last edited by andrew whicker; 07-11-2024 at 4:19 PM.
    Yes, I have 3 phase!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike King View Post
    How do you find them?
    A freight broker that has a lot of experience moving this kind of stuff is helpful

Blog Entries
    To unload from a box truck without a fork lift, you can call a tilt tow truck. You then use a pallet jack to move the saw from the box truck to the bed of the tow truck, then tilt the tow truck bed and winch the saw, on the pallet truck, down the bed of the tow truck.

Mike