Thread: Made To Be Fixed

Made To Be Fixed

Today, had to replace the transmission in a Kenmore top loader washing machine. Total time for job about an hour. Replacing pump on same machine is less than fifteen minutes. It's nice to have something that is made to be fixed, not thrown away. Another tool that is made to be repairable is both a Troy-Bilt and a Merry tiller. Quality jet pumps are the same, while Chinese mades are generally throw aways, with a few exceptions.

I have a 1980 Troybuilt horse 8hp B&S tiller with bumper that's been in a building here for forty years. It was one of the first things we bought, but when our first child was born that stopped Pam from gardening, and I was too busy trying to make a living. If you were closer I'd give it to you. I'm sure it needs some parts, but I haven't looked at it in decades.

Blog Entries
    Back in Kansas, our appliance repair guy said we should hold on to our very simple electro-mechanical washer and dryer. We had to let them go when we sold the house. Now we have hi-tech appliances. So we bought a really great warranty. $7/month per appliance. $28/month for peace of mind. It has already more than paid for itself.