Thread: SCM Safety Sausage

Cool system! $$$$$

Good joinery is made with a pencil. Great joinery is made with a hot dog.

It's a little hard to imagine that saw staying accurate after very many of those violent cycles.

For cycling, there is an airbag that is worn around the neck, and it inflates into a helmet to protect the head in the event of a crash.

Blog Entries
    Looks like a nice system

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Wood View Post
    It's a little hard to imagine that saw staying accurate after very many of those violent cycles.

For cycling, there is an airbag that is worn around the neck, and it inflates into a helmet to protect the head in the event of a crash.
    Hi Cameron, at wood shows you'll see those type of systems cycled a few hundred times.

Felder recommends an inspection at around 1,000 operations if I remember correctly.

Regards, Rod.

P.S. At about 3:40 in the video he makes a sawing mistake that I'm amazed SCM left in the video.
    Last edited by Rod Sheridan; 06-11-2024 at 4:59 PM. Reason: added post script

No safety glasses anywhere. One clamp only, nothing to prevent the wood from pivoting into the blade. No hearing protection.
    Or did you mean the trapped off cut shooting back towards the operator? At least it stayed low and did not go up near to eye level.
    Bill D

Blog Entries
    I am surprised he didn’t pull the fence back.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Hi Cameron, at wood shows you'll see those type of systems cycled a few hundred times.

Felder recommends an inspection at around 1,000 operations if I remember correctly.

Regards, Rod.

P.S. At about 3:40 in the video he makes a sawing mistake that I'm amazed SCM left in the video.

I noticed that as well.

I also thought it was generous to call that a sausage- looks like a hot dog to me.
    Last edited by Cameron Wood; 06-11-2024 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    No safety glasses anywhere. One clamp only, nothing to prevent the wood from pivoting into the blade. No hearing protection.
    Or did you mean the trapped off cut shooting back towards the operator? At least it stayed low and did not go up near to eye level.
    Bill D
    This is exactly why saws need to be engineered this way, Humans are the un-safe part, as some of us have been saying for years.

At least the operator was not looking at the audience and talking while he cut. Wonder if he speaks any English?
    BilLD

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Bill D
    Hi Bill, I meant the trapped offcut, the saw has a multifunction fence, it should have been pulled back to the strat of the blade.

Regards, Rod