Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well POOH!

Unhappy Well POOH!

Left the Hospital with what they called a Catheter.

I call it a main sewage line. Along with the equivalent of an above ground tank.

Can't go to work with that. Besides it hurts to move.

TWO WEEKS. No PTO left. I am going to see if I can get short term disability through my Insurance.

Everything is on hold. Including a new Recliner that was to be delivered.

I will have to find grocery and etc, delivery. Someone for a Beer run lol!

Good time to get some reading done. So that is a blessing in disguise.

No fun. Sorry about your discomfort. Beer may not be a good idea, it does numb pain (briefly).

-Maurice

One of the most memorable events surrounding my bypass surgery several years ago happened 2 days after the surgery when I was sitting in a chair preparing to leave the ICU. The nurse pulled up a chair in front of me, lifted up the catheter and asked "Have you ever had one of these removed?" That wasn't the memorable event. It was when she removed it.

I hope you heal up and get back to normal soon.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I hope you heal quickly George. Know that you are not alone, lots of us have had the same or similar experiences.

Catheter installed in 1977 from a car accident. They removed it. I tried going, flush toilet, hand in warm water, nothing worked, couldn't go. Had to put it back in. Very humbling for a 21 year old. Oh well, life...Brian
    Brian

wow, very humbling indeed.
    Agree on the Beer. Actually need drinks with a lot of good greens, as my blood cell count was quite low.

thanks for the replies and thoughts!

Had one after kidney stone surgery in 1980. Lying in bed, couldn't produce enough of a flow to get it over top of my leg. Try,,, relax and watch my efforts drain back into bladder.. After stone crushing, they insert a cath between kidney and bladder. Two weeks later it is removed. In mean time if you think you are going to need to go, you should have already gone! To remove it, nurse gives you a shot in the penis to numb. (Oh yeah, you got to catch it first.) Shot goes into bore. Then doc comes in, takes instrument and rips cath out. Unfortunately. I'm very experienced in the procedure.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    As Keith said, you are not alone. See if your Doc can prescribe some Lidocaine gel for the discomfort. It works very well to numb the pain.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

i do have some pain meds. its much more ok now.

still alive. lol. My carry around buddy is gone, got in 3 days of work this week. Feel good. getting work done.
    The future though...hmmmm.... chemo I guess. other choices or no choices! At least I have good STD and LTD from work.

Growing old ain’t for sissies!

Blog Entries
    I'm very experienced in the procedure.
    I'm glad my doctors were very experienced in the procedure.

Growing old ain’t for sissies!
    That is for sure!

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Glad you have some improvement! Chemo can be tailored to you DNA profile these days. My Dad was on one that did nor suit him well and he became very poorly. He is on a new drug now and was up on the scaffolding working on his shop this week. He is 85. His prostate cancer diagnosis was over 20 years ago.
    -Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Rutherford View Post
    One of the most memorable events surrounding my bypass surgery several years ago happened 2 days after the surgery when I was sitting in a chair preparing to leave the ICU. The nurse pulled up a chair in front of me, lifted up the catheter and asked "Have you ever had one of these removed?" That wasn't the memorable event. It was when she removed it.
    I swear big brother was looking over my shoulder when I read this post two weeks ago. After SMC I visited YouTube and AI had the 20 year prank scene from "Dumb and Dumber To" waiting in my up next. The catheter part is at the end. It is not funny, I ended up chuckling. I am sure I won't be chuckling when its my turn.