Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery operated leaf blowers

I have the Ego and works very well. I also have a Stihl gas and it is more powerful but the ease if use makes the Ego my go to blower.

I have the Ryobi backpack blower with dual batteries, It works very well other than it's heavy. I sit it on a bench to strap it on. I think the smaller 40 volt version would have been fine. For the money I can't fault the Ryobi's. I took down a pretty large quantity of trees cleaning up the fence line with my 14" chain saw. Then I cut them up for loading on my trailer to haul away. It might be 2 years before I need it again though and it's just not worth the trouble to keep a gas saw going. I think my oldest batteries are 6 years now and the newest are 3. I currently have one bad one out of 5.

We have this one at the rental house. It's a lot better than you might think it would be when you look at the lineup and price. It's well worth this amount.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cord kept on this reel. Not the most comfortable to use for size large hands, but the only one I've found to easily hold the 100' cord.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by Tom M King; 04-26-2024 at 9:51 PM.

I have one from Makita. It uses the same batteries as our push mower and tire pump. I'm very satisfied, but my use is rather light.

Not cordless, but very lightweight and more powerful than any cordless one currently made. This one moves more leaves here these days than anything else. I keep a 100' 14gauge cord permanently attached to it on a reel. It probably weighs no more than half what one of the big cordless ones does.

Two people, including SIL and she already had an EGO cordless, have bought one after using mine.

https://www.amazon.com/TORO-PowerJet...%2C114&sr=8-10

still on cord and at times its annoying. Think I read a review of a Milwuakee blower and some unhappy users but will check it again. I learned to detail cars in LA and we used leaf blowers to dry and more so blow water out of any places so it wasnt coming back out once the owner drove it. Progressed to a Master Blaster for that and its better for that function use and it heats the air which helps for car stuff. The corded milwaukee I have works well other than the cord. It has enough power for anything ive done. Think I read claims from milwaukee that their cordless out perform the corded in how much air they move.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Not cordless, but very lightweight and more powerful than any cordless one currently made. This one moves more leaves here these days than anything else. I keep a 100' 14gauge cord permanently attached to it on a reel. It probably weighs no more than half what one of the big cordless ones does.

Two people, including SIL and she already had an EGO cordless, have bought one after using mine.

https://www.amazon.com/TORO-PowerJet...%2C114&sr=8-10
    I used a corded blower for years and the cord was a real PITA. I'd prefer a cordless blower that was inferior to a corded just because I hate having to deal with the cord. But the 60 volt DeWalt I use is the equal to the corded blower I used to use.

BTW, on URLs you can usually delete everything after, and including, the ? in the URL and you'll get to the same site. All that stuff after the ? is just to track where you came from, or what you searched for.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Thanks men. Mostly blowing a lot of leaves in fall so I can them and bag for pick up. Going with EGO. 7654 largest unit, comes with larger battery and charger. From ace hardware of all places, smaller battery free all for $300. Thanks brian
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Schuch View Post
    OP should have no problem finding big EGO's around here... but the biggest EGO they can afford, hmmm????
    I'm still amazed the Tesla people let that particular trademark get away...
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Back on topic...

I have two, a 18V Ryobi now used only for blowing cruft out of the garage, and a 40V Greenworks that shares batteries with the lawnmower, string trimmer, and hedge trimmer. One charge on a 4AH battery will trim, mow, and blow my (admittedly tiny) back yard.

(I'm not going to list the stuff I have that shares the Ryobi batteries, we'd be here all day. )
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.

I have the Ego hand held blower. It has plenty of power for clearing leaves/clipping from a sidewalk/driveway, or blowing dirt out of the garage. If you're the type who spends hours blowing leaves across the lawn I would look at the Ego backpack blower instead. If you already have battery powered outdoor tools I would just buy the blower that takes the same batteries. I ended up with Ego because I was able to get a good deal on the first piece of Ego equipment and I was also able to get deals on subsequent pieces of EGO equipment. I bought the Ego blower because I already had Ego batteries, not because the Ego blower was something special. It works just fine.

A few weeks ago I gave away my Stihl backpack blower. It had been sitting with fuel in it for a good six to eight years since I last used it. It is just so noisy and I didn't want to spend the time and money to get it working again since I never planned to use it again. It likely needed either a new carb, or a serious carb cleaning.

the toro I have also sucks up leaves and mulches maybe 12:1 into a bag hanging over the shoulder. Is this on any battery ones or only blow.

I dont use it often but have past and it worked well. Piles of leaves if piled I normally grind up with the mower. Saving stuff now making compost.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    the toro I have also sucks up leaves and mulches maybe 12:1 into a bag hanging over the shoulder. Is this on any battery ones or only blow.

I dont use it often but have past and it worked well. Piles of leaves if piled I normally grind up with the mower. Saving stuff now making compost.
    The Greenworks one I have (not sure bout the newer ones) can do that, but I only tried it once when it was new. I just don't have that many leaves to deal with, and reconfiguring it from blow to suck is a bit of a kabuki dance, not something I'd want to do all very often anyway.

I had a corded blower that would do that, but like Lee, I only used it one time. Just didn't see a lot of value in it.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I have the 40 volt Ryobi, it works fine. I also have their power head with the weed eater, edger and mini tiller attachements. The first two work great, the tiller not so much. I also have a corded leaf blower but about all it gets used for is blowing out the dust collecter cartridge filters every six months to a year, depending on the workload.