Thread: Bosch Reaxx table saw - why you cant buy it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Altendorf and Felder have active saw safety systems that are available worldwide, they don’t damage the blade and have no consumable parts.

At the WMS show last autumn you could hear the thump of the Felder PCS saw being triggered every few minutes in a customer demonstration.

The Felder saw with PCS is selling well, I presume the Altendorf saw is also selling well.

Neither system conflicts with SawStop

Regards, Rod

I am glad to see others selling this type technology. However, the price of the Altendorf or Folder are way beyond most peoples wallet.

One has to wonder and I am in a SawStop FB group. There are a good number of unexplained activations that some owners have had. Sometimes more than one. No flesh contact, no obvious metal, no high moisture content, and they report when the brake is sent in that the analysis by SawStop doesn't shed any light on it either. Some have had to replace some internal components at SS's direction. I wonder if there could be some cellular interference at play here and no one is aware of it. There have been a lot of changes in the cellular landscape since the first SawStop saws hit the market in 2006 or 2007.

I will never own a Sawstop or any equipment that uses their flesh sensing system. Steve Gass as most remember tried to make his system mandatory and two the system destroys blades and cartridges and lots of time due to misfires

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hofmann View Post
    I will never own a Sawstop or any equipment that uses their flesh sensing system. Steve Gass as most remember tried to make his system mandatory and two the system destroys blades and cartridges and lots of time due to misfires
    You either forgot or were unaware that Gass first offered the technology to all the major saw producers for a licensing fee. No one signed up. Only later did he decide to manufacture his own line of saws. If you don't want to buy a SawStop, fine, but why bash a guy who developed a technology to prevent tablesaw accidents and created a company that employs people here in the USA? All new technologies have problems but that doesn't mean the technology itself is flawed. A ruined blade seems pretty cheap compared to a finger or three.

I'm not sure Gass tried to get HIS system mandated, only that new tablesaws have some sort of technology to prevent accidents. But even if he lobbied for his technology, most would call that good business sense.

John