Thread: Looking for Zip program.

Question Looking for Zip program.

I'm looking for a Zip/Un-zip program (preferably free ) that can be used with windows XP. I found a plan for Jake's Chair but it's in a zip file and I can't open it.

Thanks,

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tonich
    I'm looking for a Zip/Un-zip program (preferably free ) that can be used with windows XP. I found a plan for Jake's Chair but it's in a zip file and I can't open it.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe,

Try www.winzip.com
    Great program and have used it for YEARS!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Un Zipped

Joe, your Windows XP should be able to open a Zip, or Compressed File. Just save the file to a folder, then right click on the file, then click on open, or extract all. I receive Zipped files all of the time, and have no problem un zipping them. I have XP, and I have no stand alone program that deals with these type of files..............as far as I know, the capability is in the XP Program. Try that and let me know if it worked for you.....................in the meantime, I will check it out further.

Question

Is a SAV file different than a Zip file? When I right click on it it says it"s not a win32 (or something like that) and it cannot open it.

Thanks,

Joe

OK, I don't understand what happened, but, after I closed everything out it appeared on my Desktop. Then when I clicked on it I was able to un-zip it. I guess it is in XP. Computers drive me CRAZY!!! Thanks for the help!

Joe - STILL wondering what a SAV file is!
    Last edited by Joe Tonich; 07-26-2003 at 8:36 AM.

www.winzip.com

(Someone already pointed out...) If you read the licensing agreement if you are an individual user you can legally use the evaluation copy as long as you want w/out paying fo rit...they don't mind. At least that's what it said as of 2 years ago.

Good program, easy to use, unzips lots of formats.

FYI

Perry

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tonich
    Thanks,

Then when I clicked on it I was able to un-zip it. I guess it is in XP. Computers drive me CRAZY!!!
    Joe -
    Yes Joe XP has the software imbedded to unzip files.
    AND - Computers didn't drive you crazy - You were that way before they invented computers -- your Buddy? -- Ken