Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon is selling a square ( 6” by 4 and 5/16ths)

If you look closely at the label of the oil can in the ad, look's like a bike to me.

T6 oil meets diesel and thus gasoline engine requirements. Yes it is better then needed by gas engines. Which do not face as high a pressures or temperatures. It is fine for gas or diesel engines in any vehicle including tractors.
    Seems perfectly on point for your request. I think you are confused by what oil type you need.
    I do not know if oil for diesel airplane engines would be okay or not. That would be an off label use.
    Not like GL5 gear oils being bad for older gear sets with yellow metal.
    AFAIK any diesel rated oil will work fine in a normal gasoline engine, not vice versa.
    Bill D
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 04-17-2024 at 9:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    T6 oil meets diesel and thus gasoline engine requirements. Yes it is better then needed by gas engines. Which do not face as high a pressures or temperatures. It is fine for gas or diesel engines in any vehicle including tractors.
    Seems perfectly on point for your request. I think you are confused by what oil type you need.
    I do not know if oil for diesel airplane engines would be okay or not. That would be an off label use.
    Not like GL5 gear oils being bad for older gear sets with yellow metal.
    AFAIK any diesel rated oil will work fine in a normal gasoline engine, not vice versa.
    Bill D
    1. I know what oil I require for my equipment, I am not confused.

• Full synthetic 5W-40 diesel engine oil with Triple Protection Plus technology protects against wear, deposits, oil breakdown, and improves low-temperature flow
    • Exceptional wear protection for longer life in a wide range of heavy-duty engine applications — from pickup trucks to tractors to semi rigs
    • Enhanced fuel economy capability of 1.5 percent without compromising engine protection or durability (compared to 15W-40 oils)
    • Multi-functional dispersant additives provide an enhanced level of protection against the effects of soot, dirt, and other contaminants (compared to previous formulation)
    • Increased shear stability for better viscosity control and optimal engine oil pressure

3. This is oil designed for diesel engines, it was an advertisement photo with motorcycles that don't use this type of oil. Do you understand why that's funny? Or do I need to explain it?

You guys are wrong, LET IT GO.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Weber View Post
    1. I know what oil I require for my equipment, I am not confused.

• Full synthetic 5W-40 diesel engine oil with Triple Protection Plus technology protects against wear, deposits, oil breakdown, and improves low-temperature flow
    • Exceptional wear protection for longer life in a wide range of heavy-duty engine applications — from pickup trucks to tractors to semi rigs
    • Enhanced fuel economy capability of 1.5 percent without compromising engine protection or durability (compared to 15W-40 oils)
    • Multi-functional dispersant additives provide an enhanced level of protection against the effects of soot, dirt, and other contaminants (compared to previous formulation)
    • Increased shear stability for better viscosity control and optimal engine oil pressure

3. This is oil designed for diesel engines, it was an advertisement photo with motorcycles that don't use this type of oil. Do you understand why that's funny? Or do I need to explain it?

You guys are wrong, LET IT GO.
    And yet they put a picture of a motorcycle on the label, your turn to let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    Another reason why we need a like button.

I apologize to the OP for the thread going sideways.
    I intended my post to be within the theme and offered it as humor.
    Apparently some prefer to nit-pick and delve into un-necessary arguments.

Some of the overseas item description are truly insane and make no sense at all, others are a little confusing or even a bit comical.
    I was looking for Diesel motor oil for my tractor, here is one of the photos in the listing.
    Attachment 518533
    Google rotella motorcycle
    Apparently it is a thing with motorcyclists

Standard marketing trick. Take a higher priced product and convince people(motorcycle users) it is better for their use then the cheap stuff actually designed for their use.
    Bill D

Not too many bikers are running 5-40 synthetic diesel oil in their bikes.
    I dunno, my neighbor has a Harley that looks like it's using that stuff for fuel.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.