Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Harris View Post
I got rid of mine. Not that it didn't work. It worked flawlessly. But I found that I either used my card scraper for small spots or my No. 12 (actually the Sargent equivalent) for larger spots. So the 80 just sat, unused, unless I made it a point to use it. It's a great tool, and a lot easier to setup than the No. 12 (which is a bear). But it doesn't do large areas as efficiently as the No. 12 and the bare card scraper is just so much more convenient, so long as you're not doing a lot with it.

Posts like this make me miss it and want to buy another. But then I remember that for my workflow, it's hard to justify the space (albeit small) that it takes up. It's rare that I do a "medium amount" of scraping. It's always either a spot or two, or the whole board.
I used to have a Keen Kutter version of the Stanley #12. I found it in "as new" condition at a church bazaar. It worked really well, but I never used it. A KK collector was happy to get it. At the time I had four #80 plus the #12 and a #81. Downsizing was a good thing.