Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
Well, the decision is made. The free trial period is over and we decided not to spend $100 a month to get the full self driving experience. It was interesting, both super neat and annoying. Each time you over ride it, you get a message asking why, and I gave them my dislikes which were mostly about unwanted lane changes.

I am sure that with all the millions of feedback answers they are getting they will have the system smoothed out in just a few months. If I ever take a long trip in the car, I will see if I can just buy a month. Don't know if they will do that. I guess we will see.
Yes, clearly still a work in progress. The automatic lane changing is often annoying. It would always try to go in the right lane at a spot where I knew up ahead would be a line of cars waiting to get into the Starbucks and Chick-fil-A. I would always have to change that.

I really didn't have much belief that anyone listens to those recordings you make when you cancel autopilot.

It drives MUCH better now with cars cutting across lanes ahead of you. Huge improvement in that.

Lane changing now has a different, and very annoying bug. It often starts a lane change, pauses, goes back to the original lane, then makes the lane change. Never did that before. It's in the latest software "upgrade". That's a real programming screwup.

So each major upgrade really does get better. It's clearly not a finished product by any measure. And you really do have to be ready to cancel at any time. But it is getting more and more impressive each year.