Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta 8" Jointer outfeed table and table lip

Fiinally had the courage to take it apart and access the three bolts on the table lip, loosening them slightly and tapping the table lip until it was level with the outfeed.

It took 3 1/2 hours but it worked and I have the satisfaction of having taken my jointer apart and getting it back together.

I took the cutterhead off towards the inside after removing the blade guard, rear panel, belt and belt guard and the fence assembly. It is awkward to handle the cutterhead and I had a little difficulty getting it back in place as it was hard to pick up the outboard end. Next time I might take out the knives to be on the safe side but hopefully there won't be a next time unless I decide to replace the head with a helical one.

I'd be interested to here about getting a helical head...cost, where to buy, and the advantages.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and help. I never would have tackled the job without your help.

Brian

Here is a link to a post made about my experience when I added a Byrd Shelix head to my DJ-20. Grizzly was a little bit higher than Mywwodcutter.com but they had it in stock. Also free shipping.

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....t=#post3260608

Ronald...thanks for the link. I read your post and others about the helical head conversion and think I'll stick with the HSS knives for now. I guess if you joint pieces with a lot of varied grain or get some tearout by feeding wrong the helical head can be improvement.

I had the knives sharpened when I purchased the jointer about 1 1/2 years ago and they are still doing a decent job. I mainly use the jointer for the occassional glued up work.