Thread: Brushes on Ridgid Miter Saw

Brushes on Ridgid Miter Saw

This may be an unanswerable question, but ya'll surprise me quite often...so...

I have a ~15 year old Ridgid miter saw at the lake. it has lived in the "basement", which is more of a crawl space, for the last 5 years (read: relatively damp). When I tried to use it the other week, it would power on and immediately cut off. Like, get half a blade rotation, then stop. Did it again, but after that nothing.

An EE friend of mine said most likely the brushes in the motor. Fine, never replaced them before but doesn't seem too bad. My question is...are brushes universal? If not, are there any good guesses what brushes might be in a ~2009 vintage, 10" Ridgid miter saw? I am not at the lake so I can't check, but I'd like to order them and swap them the next time I'm there if able. If there were ~3 possibilities, I'll just buy all three and return the ones I don't need. If there are infinite choices, I'll hold off to confirm what is in there. I'm assuming these are things you have to order, not things you can find at the Depot, right?

If your miter saw is the Ridgid R4112, ereplacementparts has them in stock, https://www.ereplacementparts.com/br...p-2568805.html

Brushes are fairly universal. Need to sand/file to fit if you can not get the correct ones. The other thing is the rear end and how it conenects to the spring and power lead.
    Bill D