Hello everybody, my first post here, been reading for a long time. Gearing up to make some replicas of a coffee table my dad made in 1954.

Bought a table saw and jointer and have been overhauling and tuning them - scraping a lot of rust but at $100 each they are both champs -running strong and quiet. Picking up a 15" Taiwanese AMT planer Friday ($200). I'm basically losing it buying all this stuff. I have a little 700 sq/ft machine shop with zero room for any of this so they will live on castors in wood shed and under carport for operation. (takes care of dust evac!)

Screen Shot 2024-03-25 at 7.25.59 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2024-03-25 at 7.25.38 PM.jpg

So I noticed my blade was not square to my table by 1/16 and started in on that today - ended up sheering one very old 5/16 bolt. About 1/2" of the tip is lodged all the way up in the socket.

I don't want to extract that sheered stud - plan to get 4 new grade 8 bolts tomorrow, cut one short so it will have an air gap and snug it under the broken one with probably 4-6 threads biting, some blue lock tite to help it stick.

Thought it might be smart to run this plan by you guys to see if I'm missing something. With three good studs and the 4th in there a bit I don't foresee a problem - but Ive been known to miss a thing or two or atleast that's what my girl says ;-)

thanks Caleb
New Orleans