Thread: Just A Little Bowl

Just A Little Bowl

Had a chunk of Red Mallee burl that I made in to a bowl for SWMBO. This stuff is very hard and requires sharp tools or it will chip easily (at least in my limited experience with it). Sanded to 600 grit and then hit with Yorkshire Paste. Still need to figure out what I’m putting on for a finish:

FullSizeRender.jpg

What a beautiful pattern in that burl. Nicely done.

I agree, a beautiful piece of wood and well executed.

Simple design well executed that allows this gorgeous chunk of wood to be the star. Well done all around.
    I would ask SWMBO what she will use it for. Might not need anything but beeswax for finish, or shellac rubbed out.
    You only need 2 tools in life. If it's supposed to move and doesn't... use WD40. If it moves and shouldn't... use duct tape.

Quote Originally Posted by James Tibbetts View Post
    Simple design well executed that allows this gorgeous chunk of wood to be the star. Well done all around.
    I would ask SWMBO what she will use it for. Might not need anything but beeswax for finish, or shellac rubbed out.
    She hasn’t decided what she will use it for. I decided to give OBs Shine Juice a try - will be my first time using it and figured this is a good candidate.

Nice work with a very appealing piece of wood. Not much evidence of the checking that so often occurs with Mallee burl.

Thanks for sharing.

Best,

Dave