Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone lubricate a Incra TS-LS micro adjuster?

Your post(s) are really helpful. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    When in doubt - dry lube usually works.
    Don't have any on hand?

Shave a tiny bit off of any lead pencil with a single edge razor blade or sharp utility knife. The "lead" is really just graphite.
    Works like gang busters in sticky locks.
    I wouldn't use normal pencil lead though. A normal pencil, like your typical No. 2 is an HB hardness, which means it's about half clay and half graphite. Graphite is soft, so they mix it with hard clay to stiffen it up. And by grinding up a normal pencil, you're introducing an abrasive with your lubricant. And that might work in the short term, but it'll do more damage in the long run.

Now if you have access to something like a 12B art pencil, then that is going to mostly, if not all, graphite. And that would work as intended. Even an 8B probably wouldn't be too bad, as it too would be mostly graphite. But unless you have artist pencils available to you, I'd stick to the regular graphite lubricant. Or one of the other dry lubricants.

And you can still buy incandescent light bulbs. While the ban went into effect in August of 2023, there are carve outs for certain applications. Like you can still buy photo enlarger incandescent (and halogen) light bulbs. The PH bulbs, like PH140 and PH212, use the old standard light bulb socket, and are pretty much identical to the old light bulbs. They just have special coatings to make sure they put out the right balance of the light spectrum for developing film. Getting the color balance right with LED's or CFL's is pretty much impossible because they're not black body light sources to begin with.

You learn something new every day.
    I've always just grabbed a #2 pencil and scraped off some of it when I had a stickey lock.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

They sell repair parts. They may even warrantee it, they warrantied something for my fence which I bought used, great customer service.