Thread: Yuba Sawsmith Radial Arm Saw Restoration - I need parts!!!

Yuba Sawsmith Radial Arm Saw Restoration - I need parts!!!

Normally, I would just refer to my own thread about parts suppliers over on Woodworking Talk. However, I need parts for a 65 year old saw that hasn't been manufactured for 60 years. I picked up a Yuba Sawsmith RAS (circa 1959-60) last year. I didn't realize it at the time, but it's missing a number of parts that I have to have to make it functional/operational. A lot of things from years ago are no longer available. I have read through the entire thread on the Shopsmith Forum about this machine. If anyone has one of these machines that they are willing to part out OR if you see one of these machines for sale somewhere, please let me know. Any help in finding replacements is greatly appreciated. Please help!!!

Here's a list of what I am looking for (Ref. No, Part No., Description):

Mandatory - Motor-Carriage Assembly
    53 - 4864 - Nut-Spindle, L.H.
    87 - 27032 - 1-1/4" Arbor-Saw
    13 - 2355 - Washer

Needed but not required - Motor-Carriage Assembly
    54 - 4868 - Wrench-Arbor
    98 - 700040 - Anti-Kickback Assembly
    Rubber boot that covers the unused side of the arbor shaft

Mandatory - Base, Column, Arm and Table
    23 - 4694 - Wire-Coiled
    24 - 4698 - Wire-Main, with Plug
    76 - 700048 - Lock Assembly-With Key (My key is stuck in the on position and won't turn. The key is also partially broken.)

Needed but not required - Base, Column, Arm and Table
    80 - 700057 - Switch Assembly (I'm missing the plastic "Start" button, but the switch itself works.)

I'm also curious if anyone knows whether or not a more recent (or past) SHOPsmith arbor w/ the set screw will work with the old RAS? Thanks for your thoughts and input!

I think you are already on the Shopsmith forum but there is also a FB Shopsmith owners group which is not connected. I know there are members there that aren't on the forum. If you do FB it might be helpful. Good luck in your quest.

Thanks Ronald!!! I've posted the same thing over on the Shopsmith forum. My spouse has a FB account so I'll use hers to find the Shopsmith group there. Thanks for the suggestion!