Thread: SMOKE PURIFIER recommendation

SMOKE PURIFIER recommendation

Hi, I own a Trotec Speedy 360 and right now I use an air assist with a hose to outdoors. I would like to buy an indoor filtration system. Other then Atmos which is pricey does anyone have any of the off brand filters that would work well with a trotec 80w laser. Looking for recommendations please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sandor View Post
    Hi, I own a Trotec Speedy 360 and right now I use an air assist with a hose to outdoors. I would like to buy an indoor filtration system. Other then Atmos which is pricey does anyone have any of the off brand filters that would work well with a trotec 80w laser. Looking for recommendations please.
    While I don't have any recommendations, I would point out a couple of things to look out for. The biggest thing is to ensure that whatever you get has sufficient CFM of airflow to meet the requirements of your machine. The other would be the cost and availability of filter media for the extractor. Would be bad to get something you can't readily get filters for, or they are very expensive to get. BOFA is another brand that's widely used, but they aren't cheap either.
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer

For my speedy 300 I added Quatro fume extractor and has been working well.
    Filters can add operating costs as they are consumables.

Google this site: Quatro CSA 600 Fume Extractor

Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

I have 2 HF blowers in a garden storage box outside under my garage window that suck air from the 4 lasers in my garage shop, 1 blower per 2 lasers via blast gates. They exit into these 2 plastic boxes:
    charcoalboxes.jpg

Inside the boxes, a basic cheapie folded up furnace filter, a 50lb bag of cheap charcoal briquettes from HD, and some 1/2" metal screen to keep the charcoal in on the exit side-
    charcoalbox2.jpg

The charcoal does a good job of catching the particulates and the basic smells- on the exit side of the boxes you can see an old used metal furnace filter just for good measure.

I have another HF small blower in the basement and a LARGE HF blower outside in a plastic storage shed, both pump unfiltered laser fumes from my other 4 lasers in the basement to the outdoors... I've been running lasers from our house since 1999, and we have 8 neighbors in close proximity on all four sides, no one's ever mentioned they smell anything, even when we ask...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle