Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: table saw outfeed table

Blog Entries
    An out feed table doesn’t have to be perfect. I built a 2x4 frame and covered one side with MDO. I use two 2x4 saw horses. When I run my table saw it’s just below the saw surface and doesn’t restrict flow. I’ve use this same setup since 2003 and I can break it down anytime and move out the way.

Cardboard vs. Sticks

Quote Originally Posted by jack duren View Post
    Cardboard is kinda risky. If you have a puddle that didn’t dry as well, it could stick. Any woodworker doing one piece of laminate will probably do another. Probably better to make some wood sticks for laminate for now and further work..
    Jack, that is why you wait until the glue dries. In the hundreds of cabinet doors I have covered (both sides) I have never had a piece of cardboard stick where you couldn't pull it out.

Blog Entries
    Problem is when you have 5-10 guys in the shop, one won’t wait. So if you do a lot of laminate you want to have sticks handy. Best I have used was 1/4-3/8 aluminum rods. Most shops use dowels..
    Last edited by jack duren; 03-12-2024 at 8:56 AM.

4. Good choice on laminate. I used melamine on my outfeed table and I am not impressed with its durability (or lack thereof). That stuff scratches so easily... When I get sufficiently tired of the melamine, I'll re-cover the table with laminate.

Thanks all for the tips. I will hopefully get to this soon, maybe this weekend if I can get some shop time.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!