Hello,

i was wondering if you could give me some advice. I’m just setting up a garage woodshop and I have an older craftsman 14” but would like to replace it with this bandsaw if worth it.

the listing says: “Rockwell Model 20 Vertical Band Saw, does not run, possible electrical issue with the 3 phase controller, switch replaced but did not fix, no rip fence, dents and scratches, as is.

Do you have a guess as to a likely fix to the electrical issue would be? I don’t have phase 3 power what would your suggested fix be? A VFD and keep original motor (would that potentially fix the electrical issue? Would it allow for variable speed?), replace with 1 phase motor? Currently just plan on woodworking but of course having the ability to slow down and cut metal if I ever were to need it would be ideal if not too costly. Grizzly currently has their 2hp TEFC for $330 (10% off). Also I plan on running it at 220v, but their 110/220 motor is the same price as their 220v, is there any reason to buy the fixed 220v over the convertible 110/220?
How difficult would be a VFD addition?

what would you see as a good price for the saw?

This is the motor sold by grizzly would it be a compatible replacement?

• Power: 2 HP
  • Type: TEFC
  • Cycle: 60 Hz
  • Voltage: 110V/220V
  • Prewired: 110V
  • Amperage: 21A/10.5A
  • Phase: Single-phase
  • Speed: 1725 RPM
  • Class: B
  • Start capacitor: 400MFD 125VAC
  • Run capacitor: 70MFD 250VAC
  • Rotation: Reversible