Thread: Band saw upgrade

Band saw upgrade

I've been looking for a larger, but not too large, band saw for a while, and one finally showed up that's a good fit.

About a mile from my house, I was able to buy, load, transport, and unload in 1 1/2 hrs- it weighs 325 & I hoisted and lashed it to the back of my van. However, this is leading to shop clean and purge that will go on for days.

Older Jet 16"- solid, quiet, remarkably simple. It cuts well but the blade is rather coarse so I'll get a different one. Paid $500 with wheel base, a couple of blades, and new tires. I wanted 120v motor to avoid having to rig another circuit- limited breaker space.

It's replacing a 14" Delta that I got out of a dumpster (!) at the local high school. It was only missing a couple of guide bearings and works great but only 6" resaw height.

I also have a Powermatic 14" set up for curve and utility cuts.

IMG_4986.jpegIMG_4987.jpegIMG_3079.jpeg

Nice score. 500 bucks is a really, really good deal imho.

Blog Entries
    Nice! Congratulations!
    I have damaged my 14" w/ riser by forcing it to do work better suited for a saw like your Jet. A bigger bandsaw is on my list. I hope to never be without my 14".

Congratulations! And what a deal!

I too was recently looking for a bandsaw and about 75% of what I saw on the used market near me was people asking full retail price for their used models. I guess they thought you saved on shipping? Or maybe they thought the pandemic was still going on and you couldn't buy new anymore. I don't know. Either way, that's a steal!