Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ? Self starting kitchen oven ?

I wanted to close the loop on this for any who might be interested. I spoke with my neighbor for further details and the oven was not internet connected (or capable) so hacking or similar interwebs sorts of issues don’t seem likely. I think Bill Howatt nailed it in his post early on when he described it as likely due to one of the “typical electronic causes”.
    So now, depending on my level of paranoia, when we travel, I might just flip the stove breakers as well as turn off the water…….

Blog Entries
    I suspect the cause of the oven coming on is moisture in the pressure sensitive buttons. I had a stove get ruined that way. I’ll never again buy one with the pressure sensitive switches.

I bought a washer/dryer during the pandemic when options were limited and so I got the fancy one that texts you when it’s done. I thought that was so dumb until I set it up. I’m that guy that will forget a load of laundry for days. It’s nice to have a reminder. I love it when I’m out and get a text and I say, “Oh, it’s just my washing machine saying hello.”

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post

I bought a washer/dryer during the pandemic when options were limited and so I got the fancy one that texts you when it’s done. I thought that was so dumb until I set it up. I’m that guy that will forget a load of laundry for days. It’s nice to have a reminder. I love it when I’m out and get a text and I say, “Oh, it’s just my washing machine saying hello.”
    I resemble that remark...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...