Thread: Martin T75 Model Specifics

Martin T75 Model Specifics

It seems there are some very knowledgeable people here on Martin Sliding table saw. For the older T75's is there a difference between the T75 K and the T75 L?

Hey Dave,

That is very niche, unfortunately, and i am not sure anyone can tell you the differences between every letter designation. The letter typically referred to slight changes over the years. I think the 75(and similarly, the 17) were produced from maybe the early 60s or late 50s through the early 70s. That is a fairly long run, and the saws underwent various changes. I had a T75 and T17 at one point, and they had minor differences between the two, but i forget the letter associated with each. For example, the rip fence changed several times throughout the years. Early on, the fence was fairly different from where it ended up. However, an example of the minor differences can be seen in the roller bearings underneath the fence body. Initially it had no bearings, my saws had two bearings and a nylon stud, and i think the later models had 3 bearings and no nylon stud. Other changes include the emergency stop added to the bottom left corner of the main casting. The oil zerks were originally inside the machine body, and later models had internal oil lines with external oil zerks. Other small changes included swapping an engraved brass scale for the rip fence to a stick on printed version. Finally, i know the t75's crosscut fence changed. The last years of production included a crosscut fence and stops similar to what Martin included on the T70, T71, and T72 saws into the 80s, i think.

To answer your specific questions, try german forums. You can use Google translate to navigate you through most of the content.