Thread: Seeking advice on UJK Parf Fence and TSO TDS-13

Blog Entries

Seeking advice on UJK Parf Fence and TSO TDS-13

I’m setting up my first accurate Parf/MFT style top for working with plywood.
    These fences/stops look like they may be useful but wanted to see if others had experience and advice with the UJK Parf Fence and the TSO TDS-13.

Are these fences useful or am I just as well off without them and use a straight edge against the dogs?

They will probably do the job. Though, you need tools to get them in and out of the table and that takes time.

I love using my UJK Parf dogs:
    https://tsoproducts.com/bench-dogs/u...-20mm-dog-set/

I use them a whole lot. The tall 60mm dogs can be used to hole a vertical piece of material. The dogs are also easy-in and easy-out. Fast work.

Blog Entries
    I know the TSO fences are adjustable but other than that I didn’t know tools were needed.
    What tools are needed for the part fence?

The TDS-13 requires an allen wrench to tighten down the hold-down bolts. Not a big thing, but every little extra tool is another hassle/step.

The UJK Parf System Fence & Stop looks okay, if that is something you need. It's parf dogs with hand-screw hold down bolts.
    Last edited by Aaron Inami; 02-17-2024 at 10:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Aaron but I’m not sure what you’re referring to for the hand screw hold downs on the UJK parf fence. I thought it was just slip fit dogs and I thought it would work with the UJK super dogs.

I also wonder if the TSO fences requires the tool after it has been set. It may but it is unclear. Possibly the tolerances are too tight to remove. But I’m having trouble finding any good info on it.

I thought these looked useful but maybe they aren’t that popular for a reason.
    Last edited by Eric Arnsdorff; 02-17-2024 at 10:45 PM.