Thread: Great progress today

Great progress today

I’ve taken on the task of building a breakfast bar for our new backyard cottage. It’s my first bona fide kitchen cabinet project. I’ve been planning it for weeks, and I’ve had the maple since January.

Today I finally got some shop time. I milled all the maple foursquare for the doors and drawer fronts. Next step: coping the tongues and routing the grooves. It’s a good feeling to see it move ahead.
    Last edited by Bob Jones 5443; 02-16-2024 at 11:50 PM.

I sure does feel good to have things move along with projects. That sounds like an interesting project and I hope you do a thread in Woodworking Projects to document it!

I cannot explain how grateful I feel with being able to be back in the shop at this point after my wrist surgery, even if current efforts are small projects and the work has to be slower. Once the coffee table I'm completing is out I'm going to move on to something slightly larger.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I sure does feel good to have things move along with projects. That sounds like an interesting project and I hope you do a thread in Woodworking Projects to document it!

I cannot explain how grateful I feel with being able to be back in the shop at this point after my wrist surgery, even if current efforts are small projects and the work has to be slower. Once the coffee table I'm completing is out I'm going to move on to something slightly larger.
    Thanks, Jim.

I'm not sure how good a chronicler I am, but I can describe the process I went through to bring this project to like. (Maybe that's the same thing.)

I'll try to make time for it soon. Of course, this will be little more than an amusement (or worse) to experienced cabinet builders, but maybe it will turn on a light or two for those starting out where I did.

Always helpful. Thanking you in advance.

It's always interesting and often informative to see how others "do things" to accomplish the end result. The end result is what's most important.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...