Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microsoft does it again

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas L Carpenter View Post
    Speaking of thumb drives - what is a good way to label those little buggers? I have several but they are too small to label so I have to insert each one until I find what I want.
    You're right about being able to label a USB drive so I can read it. My solution, right or wrong is to cut some strips of paper about the same size as a #10 envelope. I put one in the manual feed slot portrait orientation of the printer and type what I want again portrait orientation. Libre Office makes this pretty easy, select the appropriate paper size and portrait orientation. Minimum paper size is a function of the printer. Print it out using a small type face, cut off the strip, trim it to size and tape it in place with clear tape. I don't do this often enough to be worth looking for a more efficient system.

I don't know how much info you want to put on it but in my case it really is not too much since I am only be putting things like: MR Rescue V8.1, or Windows 11 Install, or Movies, - you get the idea. I just get some suitable sized little sticky labels from online or the local office supply store and write on them with a pen. I have a bunch of them so I'm not trying to put a whole lot of different things on them and they tend to be a temporary backup only. If I were to put my tax returns for the family on one, it would just be Tax TY2023

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas L Carpenter View Post
    Speaking of thumb drives - what is a good way to label those little buggers? I have several but they are too small to label so I have to insert each one until I find what I want.
    The white tape is sold as "Artist Tape". It sticks well and removes cleanly. Some of these have the tape folded and stuck to itself and both sides of the drive. I used it a lot for labels but I'm sure you have something that would work. Little plastic envelopes with paper labels inside work.

wwsyV1.jpg