Thread: Help diagnosing Supermax 19-38 problem

Help diagnosing Supermax 19-38 problem

Over the past year, my Supermax 19-38 has developed a problem. Even when taking light passes (0.010 - 0.005") on wider (8") boards, the conveyor will bog down and sometimes stop but the intellisand light never comes on. It behaves as if the conveyor motor is just not developing power. It didn't use to do this. When I first got it, I learned to watch for the intellisand light and reduce my pass if it came on. I contacted Laguna and they suggested the brushes which i checked. They are perfect. They then said to take the motor out for testing or replace the controller board. Both are pricey and I'm loathe to just replace them if it isn't warranted. Any advice?

Check that all the drive screws are tight on the adapter from the motor to the drive roller. The shaft may just be spinning in the connector.

Had something similar happen. I think my belt was stretching, so I just tightened both sides evenly and it seems good the last couple of projects.

Based on the manual for my Supermax 16-32, it may be caused by a slipping belt which should be resolved by tightening the belt tension. The instruction manual would be the source for both the troubleshooting and the way to adjust the tension. If that doesn't resolve the problem you may want to call the Supermax support number. In the past, they have been very helpful, but others have said they can't reach that staff at that number recently.