Thread: Curly Makore umm.... form, let's call it a form Critique requested

Curly Makore umm.... form, let's call it a form Critique requested

The second of 3 entries I made into our local art council contest. Made from curly Makori, with a black painted red oak base. It is 11" X 14" X 4". A totally unique form for me, and something I would probably try again. I named it Heart of Gold. The top ends are gold leafed, and the center band has flecks of gold leaf. Boy do I need to work on my metal leafing. Any and all critiques are welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

Brian, you make beautiful turnings but I think I would have enjoyed this one more if the entire "ring" was intact. Still very pretty.

Great piece. The two posts work fine, but I may have considered it a little more dramatic if there was just one post. Probably not, but I would have looked at that option in my shop to see if it lightens the appearance. I might suggest you try an off center hole for more drama yet. Make it go to a near point at the top, if you want to expand this series of work.

Thank you Richard. Can you elaborate on your idea of the placement of the single post? Maybe a drawing of your thoughts.
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling